If you are struggling with worry, we encourage you to turn to God in prayer and lay over your fears and anxieties. We’ve put together this list of 30 prayers to provide you with a place to start if you are at loss for what to pray and don’t know where to begin approaching God about your worry.
1. God, please help! I am overwhelmed and can’t escape these feelings. I need You, I need You. Amen.
2. God, this swirling in my stomach won’t stop. Every breath brings more fear and feelings of nausea. My body can’t take this. I can’t take much more of this. Will You please break through and help me find my way through this? Amen
3. Lord, I’m so scared. I’m really scared. I feel overtaken with fear and I am so worried. I feel as though I cannot move. Why is life like this for me? Why do I struggle with this? God, I need You to rescue me. Amen.
4. God, I can’t imagine much more of this. I’m so sick of being scared. I don’t want to live like this God, but I don’t know how to stop feeling this way. I am not choosing this. This is not the kind of life I want. I seek You and your healing. Lord, please come. Amen
5. God, I feel so alone and like nobody understands the fear that surrounds me. This isolation is saddening and defeating. God, will you please bring light into my life. Bring some people who can help me along with You. Amen.
6. Lord, I can’t stomach this anymore. How do I carry on when I am so worried about what’s coming next? I don’t feel like I have the strength to overcome this. I need Your strength and love so desperately. Help me feel You. Amen.
7. God, Why am I so worried? Why am I so scared? Why can’t I be like everyone else? I feel as I am the only one who is seized with this problem of anxiety. I just don’t understand and I feel I am more than this, but I can’t move. I’m too scared. Please help me, please. Amen.
8. God, what if I have these panic attacks all the time? What if I can never heal from them? God, I am so scared that this won’t stop. How can I see the light? How can I find You in this mess that swirls me? Show me the way through this to You! Amen.
9. Lord, I really can’t feel You, nor anything else. All I feel is anxiety. It’s consuming and threatening. It’s life-sucking and draining. Where are You? Please make your presence alive to me. Amen.
10. God, You are bigger than this. You are stronger than this. Even though I may not be able to feel You, I know that You are with me. Help me to live in this stance no matter what I am feeling. Amen.
11. God, I’m tired of carrying all of this on my shoulders, but I don’t know how to turn it over to You. How do I let it go? Help, me Lord find your tenderness and strength. Amen.
12. Lord, I’m just so sick of all of this. I can’t stop worrying. I feel as though if I don’t worry, things won’t get better, they won’t change. God, speak truth into my mind and heart. Help me to release my worries into your loving arms. Amen.
13. God, things can be really overwhelming at times and I’m not sure what to do. And then it builds and builds. As I get overwhelmed, I keep sinking deeper and deeper into worry and anxiety. Help me break this cycle. I need your grace in this situation, this lifestyle of mine. Please intercede. Amen.
14. Gracious God, I need help, I need Your strength. This panic I carry is all too consuming. It’s life thwarting. I need You to rescue me. Please rescue me. Amen.
15. Lord, I feel as though I cannot breathe. With every breath I feel my chest tightening and my stomach swirling. I can’t keep living like this, it’s awful. Will You please help me, calm me. Bring me your peace. Amen.
16. God, I have a lot of anxiety right now. I am really worried things won’t turn out the way I hope. I feel as though I can’t take any more disappointment and heartache in my life. God, will You please fix my situation and bring your calming presence into my life? Amen.
17. God, I’m terribly worried and stressed. I can’t seem to see or think straight. How can I move past this? How can I get to your love and peace? Please help me find a way to rest in You. Amen.
18. Lord, I boldly ask that the things worrying me would shrink and evaporate through your power, love and presence. Amen.
19. God, in the light that You are, my anxiety just melts. Help me fix my eyes on You instead of my fear. Amen.
20. God, You are more. More than the problems of this world. More than what troubles me and what scares me. Thank you for being the biggest thing, the best thing! Amen.
21. Lord, I need to see above my fear and worries. I need a different perspective, a different vantage point. Will You please help me see things from your perfect and heavenly perspective? Amen.
22. Lord, I feel like I can’t breathe. I feel like I can’t sit down. I feel like I can’t stop obsessing about all the things I don’t have answers to. God, I need your peace. Amen.
23. God, I am exhausted, and I’m barely getting anything done. The more I worry, the less I do. The less I do, the more I worry. Please help me to break out of this rut. Guide me to take steps in the right direction. Amen.
24. Lord, I feel as though I’m someone else. I can remember a time when I wasn’t so overwhelmed, and there was joy at every corner. But life has become so tough, I need you, I need you more than anything I can ever imagine. You’re my rock, and you were with me in the good times – help me to remember you are with me now. Amen.
25. God, I can’t stop thinking about the past. I can’t stop thinking about all the terrible things I’ve seen. I just keep reliving them over and over again. When I speak to people, I know that my past hurts dictate what I say and how I act. Can you help me find a new start in my life? Can you help me move forward from the past? Amen.
26. Lord, I just want to be left alone. I don’t want to deal with anyone else. I don’t want time to move and I just feel like hiding from everything. Please God, can you give me the courage to face what I have to face? I simply do not have the strength – I need Yours. Amen.
27. God, I fear that I will never get past this anxiety. I fear that worry will become the only preoccupation of each day, and there is nothing that can be done about it. I need hope, in the midst of all my confusion, I need hope that new life exists on the horizon for me. Amen.
28. Lord, your peace makes no sense to me. I should be falling apart, and yet, I find a simple, inner stability that confounds me. Lord, thank you for guiding me away from my worry and towards the simple joy of basking in your light. Amen.
29. God, my worry stems from believing I’m the only one responsible for my life, that I have nowhere else to turn, and no one else to depend on. Lord, my worry comes from believing that I need to solve all of my problems myself. Help me to depend on you, for guidance, love and peace, and teach me what it looks like to truly depend on you. Amen.
30. Lord, help me to embrace Matthew 6:27, “Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?”. Anxiety contributes nothing to my life, but instead steals my time and energy. Help me to find peace in Jesus’ wisdom and move from worry to trust. Amen.
If you are looking for more resources for turning to God with your anxiety check out our other articles:
Don’t forget to bookmark this page or repin to Pinterest for quick access to the prayers!
Latest posts by Alexis Waid (see all)
- “These Christmas Lights” Christmas Devotional - December 13, 2017
- “Emmanuel” Christmas Devotional - December 11, 2017
- “For Unto Us/Open The Eyes Of My Heart” Christmas Devotional - December 9, 2017