What do you do when everything is going awry at your home? The kids just won’t listen, or are fighting with each other, or simply not listening to you.
It’s hard to maintain composure when situations like this arise. That’s why we created for you a list of 30 awesome quick prayers you can say to help you turn to a higher and better source for strength and comfort – and that of course is God!
Keep this page bookmarked and when things start getting out of control, pick a prayer and say it. Repeat it and remain in God’s presence as you go about parenting. Walking in this way may just change some things, it certainly will help alter your focus from carrying this burden on your own, to walking with God in your troubles.
1. God, things are really out of control right at this moment. I need You to step in a bring your peace. Please bring forth your peace and stability to this situation. Amen.
2. God, why won’t my kids listen? Things are so tough when they won’t follow the rules or do what they need to do. I need help, I need your strength and power and love. Please bring me these perfect gifts. Amen.
3. Lord, I need your tenderness and love. I am so overwhelmed and get so upset when my kids are acting out. I’m never sure what to do. I feel so hopeless, I need You to bring me guidance and strength. Amen.
4. God, I know You are a good loving parent, a perfect parent. Help me to learn from You. Amen.
5. God, I remember when my kids were little babies, so perfect and innocent. Time has changed and I wonder where that perfect little baby went. It was an easier time then, a more predictable time. Now, in this season of my life, my kids are more independent and less predictable. Help me to navigate through these waters with your love, strength and grace. Amen.
6. Lord, I really need your help. I need You to help me get through to my kids. They are not listening and it’s driving me crazy. Will You please change things. Bring your presence, peace and love to my family tonight. Amen.
7. God, I am so tired. I am tired of fighting. Tired of battling over little things that turn into huge wars. I feel as though I have no control, please come and help me. Please. Amen.
8. God, why won’t they listen? Why can’t I get through to them? I don’t know how to get them to listen. Will You please show me the way. Shed your wisdom and guidance into this situation. Amen.
9. Lord, I don’t have the time for these meltdowns. They take up so much energy and time. We are all left spent. I don’t want to live like this, but I don’t know what to do. I need your support, I need your love. Amen.
10. God, help me to remember as a meltdown ensues that You are in charge. That You are bigger than all of this. That your love cures. Amen.
11. God, I need your peace and strength. I can’t even imagine how different this would all be if I could stay in control. In control of the my inner peace and strength. God, I know these are gifts from You, so will You please help me develop these wonderful attributes? Amen.
12. Lord, when things are going awry, will You remind me that You are with me. Amen.
13. God, help me to fix my eyes on You. While these problems are very real, let me garner all of my strength and peace from You. Guide me God in helping my children become men and women that are deeply rooted in You. While, that seems like a far way off from now, I know You are good and will see us all through. Amen.
14. God, I can’t take any more of this. I feel as though I am going to break. I just want harmony in my home and I want peace in my family. Lord, if there is something I don’t understand about my child, could You help me see clearly what they may need. Open new doors God to possible solutions. God, show me the way to helping my child. Amen.
15. Lord, thank you for my children. Thank you that I get to walk through life with them and shape their lives dramatically. It’s an unbelievable privilege and responsibility. Lord, always lead me in this venture. Amen.
16. God, I’ve really tried today with my kids, but I feel like nothing is working. I just don’t feel like there is enough of me to go around. There a million things that are left undone, and I feel like all of my time is spent on trying to maintain peace. Can you help me find new ways to manage everything? Amen.
17. Lord, I feel like nobody has problems in their home like mine. I feel like nobody understands, and I’m afraid to really admit how much I need help and support. Can you give me the courage to seek out others to come alongside me during this struggle? Amen.
18. God, I just feel like I don’t know what I’m doing. There is just no manual on how to raise my kids, in all their uniqueness. Help me to be creative, and find solutions to all the challenges that I’m facing. I know that an answer is out there. Give me the wisdom to know how to respond. Amen
19. Lord, I really love these children. Yes, I know that things are just crazy, but I can’t help but also laugh too at all the wild things that happen. Lord, help me to find your joy, even in the midst of the chaos. Amen.
20. God, I miss having more time for myself, because I feel like every moment of my life revolves around my children especially when they are having a really bad day. I miss having more peace and less worry. I miss being carefree. Can you help me learn how to find rest, even with all the many things that I need to take care of? Amen.
21. Lord, I pray that I can be the face of Jesus to my children. I pray that even when it seems like our home is falling apart, I can still be the representative of Christ in our home. Teach me what it looks like to respond like Jesus to situations, and lead my home in the way that He cared for and led the people in His life. Amen.
22. God, I’m uncertain what the future looks like. I’m uncertain if my children are just in a phase, or this is what the future looks like. I’m scared that things will never be the same again between us. Help me to have hope, help me to trust in you and what you’re doing in our lives. Amen.
23. Lord, Your strength is needed so desperately today. I’m just not sure how I’m going to get my family through the day and make it to bedtime, and I’m definitely uncertain of how I’m going to make it through this week. My nerves are on end, and I’m exhausted. Help me find the courage to continue on, and bless my children and bring peace into their lives as well. Amen.
24. God, I just feel like I’m faking everything. Everyone thinks I’m a great parent, but I feel like I’m barely making it. Every day has so many challenges, and I know that I can’t always be perfect, but I feel so far from even being competent! Lord, be with me, and help me to find grace on myself. Amen
25. Lord, I’m so tired of the screaming. I’m so tired of the messes and I’m so tired of the fights. I’m just tired. I need both Your rest and Your rejuvenation in my life. I need you to fill me up again. Amen.
26. God, I need something to change. I feel like my children and my family and I are just in an endless cycle heading downward. We keep having the same arguments, the same problems, and there doesn’t seem to be anyway to break the cycle. Can you show me a new path to take? Amen.
27. Lord, I sincerely pray that the I find joy and peace even on this difficult day with my kids. I just want to know you’re present with me. I want to feel your touch upon me, calming my nerves, and giving me strength. Amen.
28. God, Help me to see my children the way you see them. I know that your love is perfect, and you see them and love them even more than myself! Lord, it’s been a difficult day, and I just need to have Your vision imparted on me more today, so I can see them more clearly.
29. Lord, in whatever way, I pray that this day would get better. I really need something to change, or some good news to happen. I am afraid that all the craziness that’s been going on with my children is just going to continue all day long, and I just don’t know if I have it in me to go all day like this. We need a change, here and now. Amen.
30. Lord, I love my children. I love my family. I love my life. Help me to be positive, help me to laugh more, relax more, and enjoy much more. You’re amazing God, thank you for being with me always. Amen.
I hope these prayers are beneficial for you and help bring God’s peace and strength to you heart.
One final thing, as I was creating this prayer list I thought it might be beneficial to share a fabulous blog that speaks to behavior issues, Your Kid’s Table.
My sister Aisha is a certified Occupational Therapist. She has spent her career helping young ones with eating problems and sensory issues and her website focuses on both of these areas.
Sometimes problems are happening with our children and all we see are the symptoms. Maybe your child is needing some help with eating or they are over/understimulated. These things can create disharmony in your home. Through practical steps, you can start proactively working on what your child may need. I encourage you to check out her blog and see if she might be a tool for you and your family!
Again, that’s www.yourkidstable.com. Good luck and best wishes, parents…keep praying!
Latest posts by Alexis Waid (see all)
- “These Christmas Lights” Christmas Devotional - December 13, 2017
- “Emmanuel” Christmas Devotional - December 11, 2017
- “For Unto Us/Open The Eyes Of My Heart” Christmas Devotional - December 9, 2017